- This event has passed.
Winter Stillness: Guided Forest Bathing Session in Depew Park
January 14, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Come and greet the new year in the beautiful stillness of winter through immersing yourself in the forests of Depew Park in Peekskill, NY (just over an hour north of NYC).
We’ll explore the forest and connect with nature through a slow-paced, easeful sensory exploration based on the Japanese practice of Shinrin-yoku (“forest bathing”). Decades of studies have discovered a wide range of health benefits associated with this practice, including stress relief, better sleep, lowered blood pressure and inflammation, and improved immunity.
Your trained and certified guide will lead the way, offering optional invitations designed to help you step into your own authentic way of being in the outdoors.
When we intentionally slow ourselves down and awaken our senses, we can find a sense of connection with parts of ourselves and the natural world that we may not have even noticed we were missing.
All are welcome. No special skills or equipment required. We’ll cover under 1 mile in distance total, taking plenty of seated breaks along the way for our invitations. Consider this a mini-retreat for the mind, body, and soul.
Who is the guide? Fru Molnar (she/her) is the founder of Forest Baths, a lifelong student of the forest, and a Certified Forest Therapy Guide with the ANFT (Association of Nature and Forest Therapy Guides). Based in Peekskill, NY (Lenapehoking), she guides immersive forest therapy experiences throughout the lower Hudson Valley in partnership with all the “more-than-human” beings on this land, and she also facilitates remote forest bathing sessions virtually. A passionate advocate of mindfulness in nature as the ultimate form of self-care, she is an avid hiker and the mom of two rescue pets, who are her own personal nature therapy guides. She believes that forest bathing is for everybody and that we are all welcome in the arms of mother nature.
Visit linktr.ee/forest_baths to connect further, subscribe to our newsletter, and find out about future offerings.
“Forest therapy walks are so regenerative and soothing. I feel genuinely destressed, energized, and in a better mood. Additionally, Fru is an amazing guide! She is very welcoming and fun and made it easy to relax into the experience.” — Past walk participant
🌿 🌲 Come and sit — we will hold space for you. 🌲 🌿
NOTES FOR ATTENDEES:
- Because this is entirely an outdoor event, masks are optional, but encouraged. All attendees are asked to maintain 6 feet of distance between yourself and all other parties.
- This event will be limited to 12 participants.
- Do not attend if you are exhibiting symptoms or aren’t feeling well within two weeks before the event.
- Anyone who develops symptoms or tests positive for Covid-19 within two weeks after the event are asked to inform the guide as soon as possible.
Ages: This experience is designed for adults (18+).
Arriving and Parking: There are parking spaces available at Pomeroy St / Robin Dr. Please arrive 10 minutes early to ensure you find parking, to use the facilities if you need to, and to sign our liability and release form.
Restrooms: There are free public bathrooms at Depew Park.
What to bring/wear:
- This is a rain or shine event, so please come dressed for the elements (extra layers, gloves, scarves, warm socks and waterproof shoes, etc). In case of truly inclement weather, we’ll email you the day beforehand with options to rebook or refund. Otherwise pile on those layers and let’s enjoy the brilliance of winter!
- A light bag or backpack for your possessions to keep your hands free
- Water bottle if you so desire